Bring out the details of your piece with our glaze, perfect for any project!
What is a glaze?
Glaze is a semi-translucent medium that will take your painting to the next level!
Why use glaze instead of traditional oil stains?
Wise Owl Glaze is water-based, so it’s extremely safe without odors or chemicals, dries very quickly (topcoat with Wise Owl Varnish in 2-4 hours), and is very easy soap and water cleanup!
Whereas oil stains have very strong and toxic fumes, take 72 hours or more to fully dry before top coating, and require chemicals to clean spills and brushes.
- Apply the glaze to your project after your final coat of paint has dried completely (allow paint to dry 24 hours before applying)
- For best results, lightly sand your painted piece, brush on glaze in sections and use a damp lint-free cloth to remove the excess
- Allow glaze to fully dry for 2 hours
- Glaze produces a strong finish but polyurethane or polycrilic may be applied after 24 hours
- Wearing gloves can prevent temporary staining
- If using to highlight details, to extend open time apply one coat of Varnish before applying glaze.
- Can be used right over the One Hour Enamel Paint
- Use Metallics over any paint color to give that color a metallic finish